Control Your Comfort
Imagine how convenient it would be to be able to change the temperature in your home using your smart phone or from an easy-to-use thermostat. Batjer Heating & Cooling can put comfort in your control with our selection of thermostats. We provide anything from simple thermostats to Wi-Fi enabled thermostats in Abilene, TX.
Common Thermostat Issues
Many problems with heating or cooling systems can be traced back to the thermostat. Although thermostats don’t have set lifespans, they generally last an average of 10 years or so. After 10 years your thermostat may start malfunctioning due to aging wiring or dust accumulation. A broken or dying thermostat can cause significant discomfort for homeowners in Abilene, TX.
Below are some of the most common issues we see with thermostats. If you are experiencing any of the following, please get in touch with us! We will be able to inspect your thermostat and complete any required air conditioner or heater repairs if necessary.
Signs of A Bad Home Thermostat
- Your A/C or Heater Won’t Turn On - A wiring defect in the thermostat could prevent electrical signals from being sent to your cooling/heating system. The thermostat could also be reading temperatures incorrectly and not turning heating or cooling on when needed.
- Your A/C or Heater Runs Constantly - The thermostat could be miscalibrated, in which case it could be sending the wrong instructions to your HVAC system. The wiring may also be frayed or broken.
- Different Temperatures Throughout Your Home - Fluctuating temperatures in different parts of your home could point to a faulty thermostat that will need to be looked at.
Troubleshooting Your Thermostat
There are a few things you can do before calling an HVAC contractor in. These include:
- Replace the batteries (if your thermostat is digital)
- Ensure it is on the right setting (heat/cool)
- Clean the thermostat of dust (mechanical thermostats)
- Check the wire connections (remove the cover and make sure wires are firmly connected)
Need Help? Just Ask!
When it comes to replacing or installing products in your home, we always offer the best brands. Some of the thermostats we offer come from brands like Trane, Nexia, and Honeywell. If you’re not sure what brand and model will best suit your needs, just ask our experienced technicians.
We can give you details about the benefits of each to help you select the best one for you.